- Send Private Message
DETROIT (July 4, 2018) – Corvette Racing may be an American team, but it
also feels at home at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Now in its 20th
season of competition, the program has raced at the famed venue since
2000 and has recorded numerous successes there over the years. Ahead of
this year’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix, take a look back at some of
Corvette Racing’s best facts and figures through the years at CTMP:
- 1: As in one team, one manufacturer and one model of car for 20 years: Corvette Racing, Chevrolet and the Chevrolet Corvette.
- 3: Generations of Corvette Racing entries at CTMP since 2000 –
Corvette C5-R (2000-04), Corvette C6.R (2005-13) and Corvette C7.R
- 7: Number of drivers who have won races at CTMP for Corvette
Racing. Johnny O’Connell (6), Jan Magnussen (5), Oliver Gavin (4), Ron
Fellows (3) and Olivier Beretta (2) each have multiple wins with the
- 7: Pole positions for Corvette Racing drivers at CTMP. Oliver
Gavin leads with three with Antonio Garcia (2016) being the most
- 8: As in Chevrolet’s small-block V8. More than 100 million
units have been sold worldwide and is the most successful engine in
- 11: Class victories at Corvette Racing at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – all since 2001.
- 12: Manufacturer Championships for Chevrolet and Corvette Racing since 2001.
- 16: Number of GT Le Mans wins in the IMSA WeatherTech
SportsCar Championship for Corvette Racing since the start of 2014.
That’s the most of any manufacturer and team in GTLM.
- 19: Number of victories for Corvette Racing’s current lineup at CTMP:
- Jan Magnussen: 5
- Oliver Gavin: 4
- Tommy Milner: 1
- Antonio Garcia: 1
- 21: Tracks at which Corvette Racing has won races –
Baltimore, COTA, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/Mosport, Daytona,
Detroit, Houston, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Long Beach, Miami,
Mid-Ohio, Portland, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St.
Petersburg, Texas, Trois Rivieres and Utah.
- 28: Number of drivers for Corvette Racing since 1999.
- 107: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 99 in North America and eight at Le Mans.
- 206: Event starts by Corvette Racing since 1999.
- 9,958.95: Number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing
in its 18 previous trips to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. That
represents 4,050 laps and approximately 40 trips from Detroit to
- 278,482.37: Total number of racing miles completed by
Corvette Racing since its inception. To put that in perspective Apollo
13 – the longest manned spaceflight in history – covered “just” 248,655